As a starting point the current idea is to use something like:

4-6 nodes with 12x 12tb disks each
128G Memory
AMD EPYC 7302P 3GHz, 16C/32T
128GB RAM

Something to discuss is

- EC or go with 3 replicas. We'll use bluestore with compression.
- Do we need something like Intel Optane for WAL / DB or not?

Since we started using ceph we're mostly subscribed to SSDs - so no
knowlege about HDD in place.

Greets,
Stefan