I have longed for something wifi to enter the realm of the OCP project
for ages, and more enterprise-y features be regularly available on the
lower end (see also, eero).

as for all the talk of open-ness... it's just talk till code shows up
somewhere like github - what's the chipset? where's the source?
Dave Täht
https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi