Hi Mat,

> On May 27, 2020, at 11:08, Matthew Ford <f...@isoc.org> wrote:
>
> What's the bufferbloat verdict on https://speed.cloudflare.com/ ?

        Not a verdict per se, but this has potential, but is not there yet.

Pros: Decent reporting of the Download rates including intermediate values
        Decent reporting for the idle latency (I like the box whisker plots,
ans the details revealed on mouse-over, as well as the individual samples)

Cons: Upload seems missing
        Latency is only measured for a pre-download idle phase, that is
important, but for bufferbloat testing we really need to see the
latency-under-load numbers (separately for down- and upload).
        Test duration not configurable. A number of ISP techniques, like
power-boost can give higher throughput for a limited amount of time, which
often accidentally coincides with typical durations of speedtests*, so being
able to confirm bufferbloat remedies at longer test run times is really helpful
(nothing crazy, but if a test can run 30-60 seconds instead of just 10-20
seconds that already helps a lot).

Best Regards
        Sebastian

*) I believe this to be accidental, as the duration for "fair" power-boosting
are naturally in the same few dozends of seconds range as typical speedtests
take, nothing nefarious here.