Hi Seb, someone did just that and even better, compared two builds with the
dnsmasq being the only variable, and did not see any differences:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/security-advisory-2021-01-19-1-dnsmasq-multiple-vulnerabilities/85903/85

From other comments, looks like they found the bug and are testing the fix.
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/ldir.git;a=commitdiff;h=9a18346676850646764072ffcfd32ad9396d95c3

Jonathan