In actual fact, my worst experience of a server for CF/SQL was using a dell
server (server architechture), though I think that was more to do with it
being vastly underspecced than anything...

single p/pro 180
64Mb Ram (rapidly increased to 256)
~ 8Gb scsi HD - split into about 6 partitions over 3 disks (approx 50mb
free...)
CF Server 4.0
SQL Server 7.0

also acting as a file server, and appleshare serve for about 20 people.
with 3 trainee developers writing dodgy cfcode...

This was when my last company was switching from Java Servlets to CF -
needless to say, the server was replaced fairly rapidly...