> I do believe that avoiding extremely
> complex carbs, especially breads and wheat products can be beneficial.
> But not because of the type of nutrient in them, I think the gluten
> just really bungs up the villi in your intestines decreasing proper
> absorption of nutrients. Same with milk, which by the way, is a bodily
> fluid like urine. Ewwww..... Milk is for babies anyway. ;)

You sound a bit like a book I just finished reading called "Fit for Life".
Some kinda wacked out stuff, but also some good stuff.

> I believe this thread is really relevant to programmers as we can
> sometimes be a sedentary bunch. Unless there's a really good foosball
> or ultimate frisbee game going on. ;)

Actually, we just started a contest here at work to get our computer chair
sittin butts in shape.  $50 each to get in, winner takes all.  12 week
contest, day one includes a weigh in, "before photo" in swim trunks, and a
quick body fat % test.  At the end of the 12 weeks we do all that again, and
have a panel of five (supposedly) impartial females judge the contest.  Yes,
it's all guys doing the contest.  We tried to get some girls to participate,
but no-one would.

Judging is based on "most improved", not purely on weight loss.  It's kinda
cool because some of the guys in the contest are in it to loose weight,
others are skinny guys who want to bulk up.

Anyways, back to work...

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
elliptIQ Inc.