I wish I was following this thread all the way through.  (The community
digests take me an hour to run through most mornings)

  Despite how they are killed (which I admittedly know nothing about) It's
inefficient to raise cattle (or other animals) strictly for the purpose of
killing and eating them.  The amount of food put into the livestock is much
greater than the amount of food you get out.  Instead of feeding grains
(And stuff) to cattle, feed them to people.

  How would ya'll feel about eating meat that wasn't raised to be killed
and eaten?  My uncle/grandparents run a dairy farm.  Every once in a while
a cow dies, or has to be killed (for whatever reason).  They keep the good
meat from the cow and eat it.  Of course, it's not nearly as good as a cow
raised to be eaten, but...

  I had a teacher in my college days who swore he could make a veggie
burger that tasted just like a hamburger.  I don't understand why you'd
want to give up eating burgers if you're just going to try to make
something else taste like the.  The same teacher swore that the vegetarian
ways of he and his wife had absolutely no influence over their son , who
wouldn't eat beef.

  I once looked up the definition of meat in the dictionary.  It was
defined as 'anything edible'.  It definitely puts a different slant on
people that say they don't eat meat.  A similar definition is located at
dictionary.com:

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=meat

   I just don't wanna go back to work, which is why I'm rambling.

>Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 01:51:14 -0400
>From: "Todd Ashworth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: CF Developers and food...
>
> > I think you pray over the animals before they slit its throat, and watch
>it
> > bleed to death..
> > twitching and spasming in pain..its eyes rolling skyward as its life ebbs
> > away in a warm, wet flood beneath it.
> >
> > This makes it all better to eat you see.
> > *nods solemnly*
>
>Jeez dude .. have some issues about the meat industry, huh?  :)
>
>Personally, I hear ya .. I've recently seen videos of how 'slaughter'
>animals are treated on their way to McDonald's and such, and I feel bad for
>every hamburger/chicken sandwich I have ever eaten.  It has made me switch
>to vegitarianism .. not because I don't believe in the natural order of
>things and people eating the meat of animals naturally lower down on the
>food chain, but because of how those animals are treated in the name of
>efficiancy and lowering production costs.  I was always taught that animals
>"today" were cleanly diposed of by a high pressure steel rod shot through
>the head and not the throat-slitting practices of yesterday, but I see how
>it is more economical to slit throats on the 'assembly line' than waste
>money on the one-at-a-time, instant and painless way of doing things ... I
>don't agree with it at all. That's why I just don't eat meat these days ...
>
>hooray for human inginuity =-p
>
>ok .. enough of my complaining .. hoping not to perpetuate a flame war here
>:)
>
>*nods solemly to Gel*
>
>Todd
>-----
>Life is all we know ...

Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781
--
Instant ColdFusion 5.0  | ISBN: 0-07-213238-8
Due out June 2001