This depends on the state. The laws are different from state to state, and
in some cases the cities have laws of their own.

This is not the case in Kentucky. You do have to go through a training
program to carry a concealed weapon, but you can go to the local gun show
which comes through every few months and buy just about anything you want,
no questions asked.

If you purchase from a gun store there are a few more regulations that you
must go through. But it is still pretty easy to get.