Erika,

Download a copy of CommerceBlocks Explorer from
http://www.CommerceBlocks.com, and use the DatabaseBlocks module to generate
code for two related tables, like the ones you're mentioning.  Then take a
look at the way we do a "Filtered Select Menu," which enables you to filter
on the names or parent entities in a child record edit form.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but if it is then just
pirate the generated code for your own app.

I look forward to seeing you in the Advanced Bootcamp, and to Dances With
Snoopy.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Productivity Enhancement, Inc.

Want truly advanced ColdFusion 5 training?  Register for the Advanced
Bootcamp for ColdFusion 5, Database, and Javascript at
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com!

http://www.CommerceBlocks.com

E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:   770-446-8866