From: Judith Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 8:25 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Data Integrity - Q of the Day

Well, if you're going to do that, why not use Verity to create a collection
of all the company names....essentially you're needing to search your
database for all existing variations of a company name and using Verity
reduces the load/hit to your DB.

Just a thought.

The Other Judith

Daryl Walsh put into words:
>possibly an initial, smaller form in which the user enters what they think
>their company is (e.g., 'Lilly', 'Eli Lilly', etc). they then click submit
>and
>you run a search  using LIKE and OR's in your WHERE clause  on each
discrete
>word
>to see if you already have that company in your db and, if so, the
spelling.
>bring that data back to the user to populate a drop down on the main form
or
>even as a list with checkboxes
>on another initial page  (where they would confirm/select their company
>name). and then
>be taken to the main form with their company name pre-populated.

Judith Taylor
ICQ: 67460562
Freelance ColdFusion Developer - Athens, OH

Friends don't let friends code before coffee.