Katie,

Oooooh, LUCKY!!! (working there).

Didja see the neat CNN special last week with space correspondent Miles
O'Brien?  It was an hour documentary following Discovery through its
10-month processing between landing and launch.  Great shots in the OPF and
VAB, even inside the engine compartments, etc.

Would love to see any of your pics.

Re: the current administration -- depends on whether they can drill for oil
on Merritt Island (even though it's a National Widlife Refuge).

In April '85 was very lucky to get tickets to the NASA VIP Bleachers
(adjacent to the family bleachers) for a successful launch of Challenger
carrying Spacelab.  Katie, am I correct that these are the bleachers that
are right outside the Moon Rock Cafe in the new Saturn V building??
Actually lugged prehistoric home video all the way to Florida -- 14 lb.
battery-powered VCR connected to separate camera.  Got a mount adapter for
the camera to put Canon 35mm lenses on it, and was able to take sorta
close-up home video of the launch from 3.5 miles away.  Nine months later,
the Challenger disaster was even more gut-wrenching having literally been
there.

Hey gang, she's right -- the KSC Visitor Center and tour are worth at least
an entire day of your visit to Orlando.  They even have video screens on the
air-conditioned tour buses providing info while you drive from one building
to another.

/Space Cadet Ben