I felt betrayed. (Okay, you can say it -- I am a star trek fan, and I take
this stuff a bit too seriously).

I felt that Janeway (the younger) should have found a way home without it
being handed to her (deus ex machina). How was it handed to her? Simple. Her
older self from the future came and told her, "Here is a portal. Here is
some advanced technology. Go home now."

Without that intervention, we know she got back; it took her 16 years and
the loss of Seven and some other  crewmembers, and it cost Tuvok his mind.
And I realize that Janeway and the crew were like a family, and she felt she
had betrayed them because not all of them made it. But really, I thought she
so flagrantly violated the Starfleet principles she was supposed to be
living by (the prime directive _and_ the temporal prime directive.) Was it
worth it creating a possible time problem and a definite paradox for the
personal safety of her crew?

I can see why she did it, but in some way it cheapened her character for me,
and made the younger Janeway's accomplishment of getting home seem too easy.

Judith