Hello all,

I have two Questions:

1.  For the past 3+ years I have developed Intranet
based CF applications for a private organization, and
am just now entering the commercial side of the house.
 I've been asked to develop a membership only site,
with a number of applications residing on it.  I've
written a fairly extensive requirements/specification
package, that I need to present to my customer.  I've
costed the entire development timeline (DB
development, page design, etc...) at about 240 hours
(6 weeks).  My questions are not about the work, but
rather about how much my time/efforts are worth.  For
those of you out there that have a background in doing
this type of work, what seems to be the going rate for
such work (hourly, product, etc...)?

2.  My second question is a matter of ownership.  Once
I hand over my work, is the code I develop still mine,
or do I also handover the rights to it?  Meaning, if I
develop a commercially viable application, that could
be used by others, am I free to re-distribute what I
have developed for this customer?

As a note, no contract has been signed to date, this
is still in the negotiation phase.  Basically I would
like to know what I need to do to protect my interests
and be reasonably paid for the amount of work
involved.

As a background, I was previously a salaried employee
making aprox 45K, but I know I should be able to make
more than that.

Thanks for your help,

Alexander Mauz