From: Braver, Ben [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 10:02 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Star Trek pun

Hi Mikey D,

<sigh>

In "Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home", Kirk & Co. have to save the world (so
what else is new) by doing time travel back to 20th-century San Francisco,
grabbing a pair of humpback whales (which had become extinct by the Star
Trek time frame), and bringing the whales forward in time, so the whales
could tell the probe destroying life on Earth to "buzz off".

When Scotty successfully beamed the whales into an impromptu tank in their
ship, he communicated to Kirk with an awe-struck tone, "Captain, there be
WHALES here!"

Considering the many threads this list has had on the merits of various
beers/ales and brew pubs, and all the sci-fi banter, and my incessantly bad
puns, there you are...

8-)

-Ben