From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 11:35 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Reject The Rebate

Yep, tax the poor and give to the rich. Truely a progressive taxing scheme.

A General Sales tax would have a much greater impact on those people with a
lower income than those with higher incomes. Its a basic concept. Adding a
5, 10 or 20 percent GST type tax has a much greater impact if you are making
$25,000 per year than if you are making $50,000 or more. Rather than give
the rich another tax break, how about closing some of the grotesque tax
loopholes for corporations.

larry