From: Kevin Graeme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 4:03 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Deck construction question

Longshot asking here, but who knows.

I'm working on a deck and I'm about to attach the ledger to the house. In
this case there's a pre-cut area in the siding for the ledger and it's
covered with painted aluminum roll trim for weatherproofing. From what I've
been reading, the new high-copper, non-arsenic ACQ lumber which I'm using
shouldn't come in contact with aluminum. Everyone I've talked to says just
attach the ledger, but when I mention the ACQ/aluminum issue most of the
builders have never even heard of it. That includes the guy at the permit
office.

Has anyone else dealt with this and is the paint on the aluminum enough of a
barrier between the two?

-Kevin

  _____