From: Tangorre, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 9:30 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: terror threat

> Does anyone have ANY wee little bit of trust/faith in
> anything anymore?

Kind of hard to given the fact that when you step back and pan across the
country, it really is going down hill... Making it hard to trust and have
faith.

> What would be the model candidate that you would be pleased with?

The model candidate would be someone who recognizes that although the
country has the power to help other nations, we have A LOT OF PROBLEMS here
that could use attention as well. The US feels the need to play world police
chief when in fact it should not.

The model candidate would take action at correcting our education system. I
am amazed at the lack of basic reading and writing skills high school
graduates have and the low standards they are held to. We need to start
putting the money where it counts, in the future of the country, starting
with the children! Do we even need to discuss the skyrocketing higher
education costs? I can barely afford to pay my bills because I am 75K in the
hole from school and grad school despite the fact that I worked two jobs to
help pay for it along the way.... All while my middle class family was told
they make too much and that financial aid would be in the form of loans
only... All while they struggle to pay their own bills. Funny.

Also, the model candidate would recognize that the crime and indecency in
this country is out of control. We are going to have more prisons that
schools soon. Did you know that it costs the same amount of money to educate
a person at Harvard per year as it does to lock them up in jail? The ideal
candidate needs to focus on REHABILITIATING those that can be, and getting
to be productive members of society.

The ideal candidate will stop intermixing church with government.
Catholicism does not run this country. I want to see a president that
supports equal rights for all people including homosexuals!!!! Enough of
this civil union crap and life partner jargon; people are people and should
be afforded the same rights and opportunities. I love how we are supposed to
have a separation of church and state yet on certain issues the bond is
stronger than ever. I also think the ideal candidate will need to take a
stance on abortion and stick to it.

I can go on and on... But its all fantasy really because presidents always
lie, always promise and never follow through, always are swayed by public
opinion despite their own beliefs; so although I would be more than pleased
with a candidate depicting the qualities above; I will settle for Kerry
since we only have three options at this point.

Oh well..

Mike
  _____