With me, I came down here when I was accepted into a grad school in Roanoke
Virginia. I had previously been accepted into a university in Canada,
however when the conservative government at the time slashed all research
funding by 60% or more, I accepted an offer by Hollins College. I met my
wife there and I've lived in the US ever since.

Regards,
larry