The way I see it there are very few ways to react to and resolve this
situation. Granted I am but a low-level programmer and have only seen one
war (The Gulf War) from the safety of a Canadian air base. So my thoughts
may be flawed, I accept that.

Before any action is taken, serious consideration of the outcomes must be
taken. That (and a soul) is what seperates us from animals. They Have
stimulus-response, we have stimulus-consideration-response (or something
like that).

I believe the US gov. is taking the time to make those considerations and I
applaud them for it.

Option 1: war - this is a very distinct option, but I cannot justify it
based simply on my inability to take a life for any reason. Truly waging war
does nothing but to perform an act of terrorism with lots of notice. bin
Laden believes that westerners are heathen beasts, let's show them
different.

Option 2: Surgical punishment - extract all those involved in this and
punish them to the extent of American law. (I realize that would mean death
for them, I don't want that but I can't stop that either.) Or perhaps just
punishment might be something akin to Krakou. Have these men imprisoned on
the very site of the WTC with photographs of all those killed lining the
walls the must look at.

Option 3: - Let it go. Yes that is an option. To suprememly forgive the
offenders and move on. Man that would really rot bin Laden's shorts! All his
ranting about the evil west would be nullified in one fell swoop. All his
followers would see that westerners are just people. And just (as in
righteous) people. Would that not heap coals of love upon their heads? We
can all rage against anger and hate but who is it that can rage against
love? Some wise guy said, "The opposite of injustice is not justice, but
love." I think he might have been an American actually. Anyone know?

Option 4 - Economic war. Imagine what would happen to the country (ies)
involved should the Americans impose 100% trade embargo's and call due any
aid given to them in the past. They would be bankrupt in about 3 days. The
US was hit in one of its actually physical pocket books. Hit them in theirs.

As for myself, I do not believe that America brought this on themselves and
I still see the US as the greatest nation on earth. (Coming from a Canadian,
that should mean something.)

Truly,
Guy