Ah ok thanks - I have a clearer picture now.

-Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stanley

yeah, my wife had bought a digital one with a probe that i attached to the
bottom of the grate that the food sits on. pits dont have to be much. the
one i used i made myself, from a recycled home heating oil storage tank. it
was free and the top had already been cut off for me. the important things
are:
1. Make sure that the food sits high enough over the fire (mine is at least
two feet) This style of bbq is called slow and low. We are not looking to
grill anything. We want the low heat and the smoke to do the work.
2. Make sure you can control the air flow into it to control the heat.

Outbound email scanned for viruses. (e230)