(Ground rule number 1: Let's try to be civil. Having said that, here I go:)

I found this article to be misleading in one of its "facts".

Namely the words "recklessly thrown its weight behind Israel's 34-year
illegal military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza as the Palestinian
intifada rages."

The facts that are misleading? The words illegal military occupation.

So I take it the war the Arabs have waged on Israel since its founding is
legal occupation?

Originally, Jerusalem was supposed to be an international city. Jordan
invaded it and took it over. Israel got it back in self-defense. Let's
see -- was Jordan an illegal occupier?

The so-called West Bank was taken over by Egypt. Were they an illegal
occupying army? No, they were invaders.

In no war was Israel an invader. They were attacked, attacked, attacked, and
their only crime was that they won. The world just can't stand that little
Israel is standing up to this. In the news, you see Arafat giving blood. You
see Palestineans dancing with English signs saying "We love America." You
don't hear that the Palestineans are saying, "If you broadcast any video of
Palestineans celebrating because of the bombing of America, we can't
guarantee your safety." Basically, they're saying, "Broadcast and we'll kill
you."

They've already kidnapped one cameraman.

The amount of anti-American rhetoric put out by all the Arab governments is
insane. And yet we still think they're our friends. The official newspapers
(government-owned and run) for Egypt (our great ally), the Palestinean
Authority, Syria, Saudi Arabia, all of them are spouting anti-American stuff
all the time. But we close our eyes to it because we don't want to know.

So let me ask you a final question: Syria has troops throughout all of
Lebanon. Syria does not allow Lebanon any freedom. Is Syria an illegal
invading army?

Lebanon has laws preventing Palestineans from working jobs, owning property,
and even if they own property, they're not allowed to pass it on to their
descendants. Is Israel the racist here? Are they the invaders?

And I would argue the rationale that our government making mistakes is an
excuse to commit mass murder against American civilians. The argument just
doesn't hold up here.

Judith