Guess again. Here's a quote from Falwell's website:
"I sincerely regret that comments I made during a long theological
discussion on a Christian television program yesterday were taken out of
their context and reported, and that my thoughts--reduced to sound
bites--have detracted from the spirit of this day of mourning."

Even he doesn't deny that he said this:
"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this, because God will
not be mocked, and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we
make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and
the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to
make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -
all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in
their face and say 'you helped this happen.' "

He just says that it was taken out of context.