You missed my point or, more likely, I was not clear. You are free to a
degree. As I am free to type this. In *most* places you are NOT FREE to do
the things I listed below.

Also, our initial laws were heavily based on puritan principles, not that
they are all bad. Women only won the right to vote in 1920.

More below...

So what you are saying is that you are NOT FREE to this. Because a majority
group chose to remove your freedom to walk around naked, you no longer have
that freedom.

> >You are not free to pick up a prostitute (or a bunch of them)
> and pay them
> >for services rendered (see that kids, PC, went gender neutral on
> that one).
>
> You can in some places.

Okay, agreed. You are NOT FREE to do it in Houston, TX (or anywhere else in
Texas). I can count the number of places you are FREE to do it on one hand.
Even then there are vice laws. That is a case where the dollar beats out the
principle.

> >Your freedom is an illusion and it erodes slowly over time. America was
> >founded mainly by Puritans run out of England and other countries. We are
> >sort of like Australia in that regard (sorry, no insult
> intended). Many of
> >our laws are out dated. Why should you not be able to do things that are
> >consensual by the parties involved? Like prostitution. Or drugs.
>
> The puritans were the third group of English to come over, They hated the
> way America was becoming because of the people in the port cities
> who were
> trying to profit, They thought that was bad.

We must have read different histories in school. Many of these people left
England because they were unhappy with the protestant church. It was too
liberal for them. When the Pilgrims landed here in 1620, there were not a
lot of cities for them to preach in. Remember, Thanksgiving and all, Indians
helping feed them, building their homes, etc.

Go here to see the compact. They were some of the first colonizers of the
New Land.

http://www.worldwideschool.org/library/books/hst/northamerican/TheMayflowerC
ompact/Chap1.html

> Our laws are not based on the puritans at all, they did not have
> the right
> to free speech, the women were not allowed to talk during church or read
> the bible, there was actually a law that is a child misbehaved he
> could be
> put to death. Not sure if it was ever used but..
>
> Our laws are in direct contract to what the puritans thought.

Our laws or ordinances are full of vestiges from these early settlers.

-Gary