From: Matthew Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:02 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: DNC

Two cents in on this one...

I think that the idea behind the electoral College is still a valid one - it
ensures that every state participates in the general election.  However, in
its present state it has one major flaw - all of the electors in a state
vote for the winner.  That negates all of the minoroty vote in that state,
and therefore greatly loads the electors one way or the other.

My suggestion would be to force the electors to vote in an even distribution
that corresponds to the popular vote. If a state has one million people and
10 electoral votes, and 700 Thou. vote W and 300 Thou vote Kerry, then 7
votes should go to W and 3 to Kerry. This would ensure that every stae keeps
a say in the election and also allows for every vote to count.

What do you think?