Jim Davis wrote:
> Silly question, but did you unplug the cleaner before resetting the fuse?
>
> If the thing that blew the circuit is still there and on it'll just blow
> again instantly.

My other suggestion is that wiring or connections were wet.  We recently
discovered that a leak over our garage (unfortunately where much of the
wiring passes) was causing breakers to blow in heavy rain.  When they
dry out, power can be restored.

> You might also look for other things on the same breaker and turn them as
> well - we've got a problem here (for example) that we can have the microwave
> and the toaster on at once, but if the refrigerator kicks on at the same
> time we blow the breaker.  If you've got a basement fridge or freezer on the
> same fuse try unplugging it before resetting the breaker.

Heh.  In my old apartment in MN, the wiring was so bad (installed in the
40's outside the walls in conduit) that if I used my toaster and my
microwave, the voltage would drop enough my computer would lock.  My
clocks were *always* wrong, too.

--Ben