>I got laid-off a couple of weeks ago.  The timiing really sucks as the
>summer is a bad time to look for a job.
>
>The other thing is that there are very few companies in Montreal that
>use CF. I am learning .NET but it'll be a couple of months before I am
>proficient at it.
>
>Anyone from Montreal here that works in a
>CF shop?
>
>-Frank

Is there a CFUG there? I would suggest looking for something in Ottawa if that's at all possible for you, as the gov is still actively using CF as are a number of private companies. You might want to try byron bignell of Toronto - byronj <AT> bignell.com. He contracts a lot of telecommuters and might be needing someone.