We do that anyway with the ferrets. For two reasons, first Ryoga, our
first ferret discovered how fun it was to unroll all the toilet paper
and then shred every last square. Secondly Seattle (our second one)
tried to go swimming a couple of times in the toilet - not
deliberately I hope. Anyhow after that the seat stays down and the
door remains closed.

BTW anyone want a a pair of ferret fur earmuffs? Toasty stole my brand
new wireless mouse this morning, and tried to chew off the rubber
padding on the mousewheel.

larry