The envelopes are hand checked by a human, usually overnight and your account
will not be credited until it is verified.

The computer, however is flagged that there is a deposit envelope in the box.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: brobborb

  today i went to ATM and deposited money into the ATM (for the first time in my
life!)
  it told me to put the money in a provided envelope, and enter how much I put
in there, and slip the envelope
  does it know what i really put in the enevelope?
  or does someone come at the end of the day and check the envelope with the the
corresponding deposit transaction?  if so, when does this happen?
  it's Wells Fargo :-D