We just bought the special edition DVD of this one... it's a personal
favorite of mine actually. I love the fact that the hero's most
oft-repeated phrase is "oh crap". Among other things... in general, I
think that it's one of the best written films I've seen in a long time
(asside from Collateral), which is saying something for an action/fx
movie. It's hard enough to find a movie with really good writing in
just about any genre, much less the 4-color comic-book "supers" genre.

> GREAT line, ok movie, i was half impressed, which says a
> lot about
> most movies these days...

> tw

> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:29:57 -0400, S. Isaac Dealey
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > and....
>>
>> > i appreciate imperfection more than perfection.
>>
>> > there is something human and REAL about imperfection.
>>
>> I tend to agree. It's one of the reasons I don't care for
>> women who
>> wear makeup. The idea is to cover the "flaws" in the
>> skin, but
>> personally I like the flaws. Even a scar really has
>> character and
>> history. I liked the line in Hellboy about "you like
>> someone for their
>> strengths, but you love someone for their flaws". Just
>> paraphrased --
>> I don't remember it verbatim.

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?