At 15:24 10/12/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Money is not human and its not the MONEY being taxed Its the company
>that is paying a tax on their end and it is the person who is paying
>the tax on that other end. It is not double taxation. It's no
>different then going to an out of network ATM and (if your bank still
>does this) your bank takes 1 dollar and the atm's bank takes
>1.5-3 dollars.

I will have to disagree with that.  It is the distribution of that money
that is being taxed.  And I may be wrong, but my accounting class we
learned that it was double taxation.
And look at it this way.  Shareholders own the company.  Dividends are a
way to distribute the profits to it's owners.  So the company, which is
essentially owned by the shareholders, gets taxed.  Then the shareholders
get taxed again on the same monies!  Double taxation!

And the only difference between the ATM and dividend tax is language.  I
think both are very fair because you know it's already there.  If you want
to semi-avoid dividend taxes then invest through a tax friendly vehicle
like an IRA or 401-k.  Or invest in companies that don't pay
dividends.  Same thing with ATMs.  Don't want the double charge then don't
use out of network ATMS.

PS I think dividends should be taxed.