  From: Deanna Schneider
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:43 PM
  Subject: Re: The Election and The Economy

  I don't actually know if Bush's policies directly caused the Indian
  company to buy out this (and several other) small publishing
  companies. To be honest, I'd say that the previous positive (Clinton
  era) economy contributed to their downfall. During the Clinton years,
  the company was highly profitable. In the late 90's/early 00's, they
  hired on quite a few people - more than doubling in size. Since 2001,
  they have not turned a profit. A more brutal company owner probably
  would have axed part of the workforce long ago, in an effort to get
  the company back in the black. But, this guy didn't do that, and
  eventually the cost of running the company became too great. The
  Indian company wanted one subset of the company - the Penta
  department. And, probably, they got the company for a song.

  I wasn't saying that Bush's policies caused this, necesssarily. But, I
  am saying that my husband is an example of a "statistic" that is being
  twisted by the current campaign machinations.