I've apologized off-list to Isaac for this remark. The apology was my
idea, not his, by the way.

However, in a less heated tone, I'd like to point out that the
proposed laws would merely replace one set of flawed laws with another
set of flawed laws, even more repressive to women. Personally I think
the current system is bad enough :)

<rant>

It would be nice if people would quit using their children as
bargaining chips. If they can't let go of their grievances against
each other then, in my opinion, maybe neither should have custody. It
is of course the children who suffer when good men can't see their
children, and when bad men keep their mothers from moving someplace
where there is work. I don't think it does the children much good
either when child support is based on what the man "can afford" as
opposed to what the children need to live, or for that matter when
mothers who need to go to work as a result of this asinine policy are
presumed to be bad parents.

</rant>

Dana