> How can co-operation and social involvement with social
> animals, let's say Apes, carry forward genetic material?
> If they aren't mating with the opposite sex how can their
> genetic material be carried forward?

> Understand that if the argument is that

> a) Homosexuality is entirely genetic
> b) Homosexual animals exist in the wild

> Then it also follows that
> c) The recessive homosexuality gene is removed via the
> process of Natural Selection in the wild.

> The genetics which lead to Homosexuality in animals is
> removed from the gene pool of the group, on the few
> occasions it occurs.

Not necessarily... If homosexuality is determined via a collection of
chromosomes rather than an individual chromosome, then the material
which helps to make ape x gay is also shared by one or both of ape-x's
parents and if ape-x has any siblings those siblings would also carry
them.

Or were you asking only about the genetic material directly from the
animal which appears to be gay?

This whole conversation is so gay. :P

Incidentally -- I've been told that it's not uncommon for male dogs to
mount other male dogs purely as a power trip -- an attempt to ensure
that they are on the top of the pecking order amongst other agressive
male dogs... I would imagine that's much like prison... So maybe if
there is a gay gene(s) there's also an a**hole gene(s)... hrm...

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117

new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework