From: Garza, Jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 2:08 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Anthrax scare (Was beauuuuutiful Friday)

Well, off the top of my head I'd have to say, "I don't know".  It very
well
may.  Without knowing it's chemical composition I really couldn't make
an
educated comment on that.  And I've not kept up much on the research in
that
area.

DISCLAIMER -- I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice -- but I
did
stay in a Holiday Inn Express the other night !!!

I'm not discrediting Herbal remedies, but I'd be more inclined to trust
good
old penicillin or tetracycline if I were exposed.  There are actually
numerous antibiotics that have great efficacy against this type of
bacterium.  Now, I'm not advocating taking any antibiotic without advice
of
a physician (there are many here in Arizona, and other border states
that
will do just that due to the ready supply of antibiotics available from
Mexico without a prescription).  This leads to antibiotic resistant
strains
of bacteria that are quite nasty...

As for taking the herbal remedy prophyllactically, that is up to you.
It
probably wouldn't hurt.  But I would definitely let your doctor know of
any
herbal supplements you are taking if you do ever need antibiotics or
other
drugs.  Just because they are "natural herbal essences" doesn't mean
they're
not drugs...

END DISCLAIMER

Cheers,