> Russel wrote:
> As long as I vote, it does count.  That attitude is piss poor.

My attitude is reality - because of the electoral college and a 2
party system that controls debates and makes election law only a huge
fluke could get a 3rd party candidate in office.  Further, unless the
person is a real star, like Mr. Nader or Mr. Perot, they'll not even
get enough votes to earn a mention in a news story.

Voting for someone with no chance to become a lawmaker is a waste of
time; they've no congressional support, no money, no debates, and
therefore no chance to change anything.

It's like a football team that's down 40 to 0 in the last minute of
the game; they throw the Hail Mary, but does it really matter?  No,
because it won't change anything so why do it?