Insurance companies don't make money off your premiums. Rather they
take your money and invest it in the stock market. Their profit
depends on how  the stock market is doing. When the market is down,
you get screwed and the insurance companies complain about lawyers and
greedy doctors etc, then bribe^H^H^H^H contribute to the political
parties for tort reform and so on. When the market is up, you get
screwed slightly less.

larry