Then you must suck at Trivial Pursuit! (j/k)

I seldom sit in front of the TV even today and focus on the show. It is more
like the radio was in the old days, or the fire was in the really old days.

I'll write, read, build furniture, sew, play solitaire, surf the web, play the
guitar or trumpet, cook, clean, solder, talk on the phone, paint and draw. The
whole time the TV is on. The sound may be off if I am listening to music. But
I'll catch an interesting visual now and then , and focus on the TV for a few
minutes before returning to whatever I was doing. Discovery, PBS, Animal
Planet, National Geographic Explorer, History Channel, BBC America, G4, Monk,
Law and Order, Cops. Sometimes CMT or VH1. CSI Reruns. Power Rangers (to keep
up with my nephew).

As a kid, I had to be in the house by 6pm on school days. The nightly news
would by on while my mom cooked dinner. We'd turn the sound off during dinner,
then back on for the rest of the night. I stayed up till 8 or 9 depending on my
age, so the TV was a constant. I would also sneek sometimes in the morning
before school and watch cartoons for a half hour to an hour before the bus came.

Jerry

Jerry Johnson
Web Developer
Dolan Media Company

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/29/04 11:43AM >>>
3-4 hours on a weekday? I could never have watched that much TV. Between
playing outside with friends and homework and dinner I maybe got to sit down
for about 2 hours on a weekday. Back in my thinner days :)

Growing up I watched very little TV, and even now I watch very little TV,
maybe an hour or two a day. Some days when I'm lazy I'll watch a little
more. But I don't really like TV, it doesn't really force me to think.