> Marlon wrote:
> I thought the republican party stood for states rights and small government.
> So why is it that the "republican" administration is going after medical
> marijuana users in states that have legalized it.

There's also No Child Left Behind which trumps state's rights as well
as Gay Rights, abortion or the Patriot Act.  Of course then there's
the free spending economic policy and liberal foreign policy.

The Republican party USED TO BE associated with conservatives, but now
it's populated with "neo-conservatives" or "big government
conservatives" which are just a euphemisms for socially radicals who
are economically liberal.