> Sam  wrote:
> "The Left's still fixated on the fact that Bush is an
> idiot. Boy, if this is a political idiot I would hate
> to see a political genius deal with these people. He
> only shellacked them every time he's gone up against
> them." - RL

1.) Mr. Bush didn't design his campaign, his staff did.

2.) There's a difference between being a political idiot and an idiot
in general.  Mr. Bush is an easy going fella, and that makes him
naturally politically attractive.

3.) It's not just "the left" that thinks he's duller than a butter knife.

For me, Mr. Bush isn't a moron but he's not more intelligent than your
average college graduate either.

A Yale graduate with a Harvard MBA that bankrupts 4 businesses and can
only make a successful investment when Mercer Reynolds points him in
the right direction, but then doesn't even have the money to do it
when he's in his 40s, isn't too sharp.  Relatively.