On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:48:34 -0800, William Bowen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> !!!! WARNING --  POSSIBLE SPOILER -- WARNING!!!!
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> Well not so much a spoiler as my reaction to the end of the game
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> I played the game through to the last level, Cooperative Play on
> Heroic (1 up from Normal) with my brother on Friday, whilst digesting
> Turkey toast-tites. Helluva ride!
>
> And then we got to the end.
>
> and ... "eh"...
>
> not the Canadian pronunciation, but the shrug your shoulders tilt your
> head to the side a bit and say the following with one syllable "it's
> not so bad. Not so good, but not so bad..."
>
> "eh..."
>
> It just ended. Okay, so it actually ended like Back to the Future 2,
> in that there is obviously a sequel coming.
>
> and we just looked at each other... and then back at the screen...
>
> and said "that's it?"

That's the general concensus and IMO probably why the buzz dropped off
so fast, more so even than the release of HL2.

There's even some "conspiracy theories" that suggest that MS forced
Bungie to cut the final levels. Levels which were done based on
prerelease demos at conventions and prerelease promotional footage.
But it's all conjecture.

-Kevin