I with Chris on this one.   I was sleeping on a mattress that was firm
before.  I'd wake up in the middle of the night with my arm asleep because I
tend to sleep on my side.  I was miserable every morning.  I got this
soft-sided waterbed in reaction to it.  I don't have the arm problem
anymore, but now when I sleep on my stomach, my back arches a little and
causes some aching in my lower back.  I wish it were a lot more simple to
buy a mattress, but for me it seems not to be.  If only they could make a
bed that mimics the uterus :) !