> Why not start your loader from the onload event?
>
> Jochem

I do actually.

The onload event calls the "AppInit()" function (which initializes the
application).  The problem is that the loader is itself loading new content
(scripts) - they're having the problems.

The AppInit begins (abbreviated) like so:

function AppInit() {

                // Create the App object
                // This object stores all of the application-level paramters
        App = new Object();

                // Load All Scripts
                //
                // Load Loaders
        LoaderScript("Assets/Scripts/Utilities/LoaderHTTP.js");
                // Load Abstraction objects
        LoaderScript("Assets/Scripts/Abstractions/ObCollection.js");
        LoaderScript("Assets/Scripts/Abstractions/ObCollectionOrdered.js");

... (There are around 15 or so other scripts also loaded here) ...

                // Create the client record cache
        App.OpenItems = new ObCollectionOrdered("ID");
        App.OpenItems.ActiveItem = null;

... Lots more stuff ...

};

The Loader function (from the first message) loads "ObCollectionOrdered.js"
- however the lone that uses it ( new ObCollectionOrdered("ID") ) fails
because it's not done loading that script (it's obviously loading the script
in a separate thread for whatever reason).

Placing an alert() right after to loaders (but before the rest of the
script) "solves" the problem as that gives things enough time to finish.

It seems that the readyState property should be used to check this, but I've
had no luck getting it to work (and it's IE only... the loader script
itself, at least, is currently not browser specific although the application
is - I'd prefer it to stay that way).

I've since found out however that when called as a pure HTM file this
doesn't seem to happen.  I've uploaded the files if you (or anybody) would
like to see them.

The HTML page:

http://www.depressedpress.com/test/cpu/CPU_NG.htm

The HTA page (the is an APPLICATION - security warnings may occur - although
I promise I'm not doing anything to your system).  All this page does is set
up the HTA then relocate to the first page above.  When I call it from a web
server (even a local one) I get an error when the first script is used
indicating it was never loaded:

http://www.depressedpress.com/test/cpu/CPU_NG.hta

A zip file of the app.  Both the HTA and the HTM versions work fine when
called locally (you can also see how the script works if you like):

http://www.depressedpress.com/test/cpu/CPU.zip

You'll need IE 6 to see any of this (but it doesn't have to be your default
browser for the HTA to work, just installed).

It seems like the HTA is allowing multithreading where the HTM file isn't...
or it could just be something else that doesn't actually relate to that.

Jim Davis