> Sam wrote:
> I was hoping you'd tell me what they said and save
> myself the $300 :)

Some retirement plans offer a membership for free - check with your
company.  If not, it's way worth it.  There's no blanket advice.
Basically you plug in every bit of data you have and it runs an
analysis on your portfolio and then makes suggestions based on your
beta of where to go next.

It's nice because it allows you to see under various scenerios how
much you'll have to spend in retirement.  You can play with your
savings amounts and see how realistic your savings plan is.

What the cost is it's peanuts (unless you're an extremely
sophisticated investor) compared to what it'll make you.

It will also make you feel better about saving - I'm always amazed at
the power of compound interest.  For example, for every $500k you save
for 5 years at 5% you'll make $250k!

Slow and steady wins the race.