On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:23:06 -0500, Michael Dinowitz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > These are actually (for the most part), pretty valid concerns.
> > Lighthouse (the name of the bug tracker) was meant for smaller
> > projects, not large sites. Part of the reason for using XML was to
> > allow you to "deploy and go". I wanted it so you could set up a
> > tracker within 5 minutes and start using it.
> It does just that, but it also leads people down a path thinking that it can
> work for large ones as well or will be easily modified to something else.

So I don't want to harp on this, but are you saying it is a bad idea
to build a light weight solution? If I wasn't clear in the
documentation, I will correct that, but I stand by my design decisions
here as, again, it was meant to be quickly deployed for multiple small
projects.

> > As for using WDDX. I love WDDX. It works just fine. So there. :P
> I like it too, but why not save the whole thing as XML and use XML functions
> against it?
That isn't a bad idea. I used WDDX for simplicity sake.

> > A function for cfthrow: There is a very good reason for this - by
> > defining a Throw() method, I can use the same base Type attribute for
> > all my throw statements. It also lets me do logging if I chose to. I
> > use this technique in almost all of my CFCs now.
> Hm. Can you do me a favor and write up a paper for FA or a blog entry about
> this
> in more detail? Sounds interesting and if there's a valid reason, others may
> want to do the same.

Well, it is pretty simple. I think that a CFC, when it throws an
exception, should use a particular format for the TYPE attribute. For
example, if the CFC is called Foo, the type would be Foo, or
Foo.SUBTYPE (ie, Foo.Authentication). By using the method, I enforce
the syntax on the type value. That's it. I'm not sold on the
technique, but it was the thinking I had.

-Ray