Unless things have changed a lot you might want to either drop the need for
widescreen or up your spending price.  We went looking at couldn't find a
Widescreen CRT for less than $1400.  We ended up with a decent 32" 4:3 CRT
from Samsung for $1100.

The prices go up dramatically once you start looking at flat screen CRTs,
widescreen or HD.

I wouldn't even consider buying a non-HD TV nowadays tho' - and a flat tube
will serve you much better than widescreen.

However all reports are that flat panels (Plasma and LCD) will be dipping
drastically in price after Christmas - I'm already seeing 42" (widescreen)
plasmas hitting places like TigerDirect.com for $1400.

Considering that you might want to consider renting a nice big TV for your
visitors and buying later after the prices drop.  ;^)

Jim Davis