interesting distinction between humane and humanism. But I don't think
that Camus was any less humanist just because he talked about
community. Look at Les mains sales. (Sorry to keep throwing in titles
in French but the titles don't always translate directly and these are
the ones whose translation I am not sure of. This one is a play whose
title translates as Dirty Hands.)

The resistance fighter in this play -- would you really want to know
him? He says he has the integrity to act upon his beliefs and to dirty
his hands if necessary, but isn't this what all resistance fighters
say? The IRA, the Palestinians? Electra in The Flies was still a
killer.

Dana