You're eyes won't be that critical - they'll be bloodshot from the vomiting
this piece of filth will produce.

> I totally enjoyed the remake of Dune and Children of Dune though, so I
> think they can do good stuff. I did not read the Dune  or
> Children of dune books before watching the movie however, but I thought
> they were both great series in their own right.

I liked the Dune mini-series, but not all that much - they took a
significant license there as well.  It's no secret how to do a successful
mini-series based on a book: find a writer that loves the story AND TELL
THAT STORY.  Simple but seemingly impossible.  (Did Peter Jackson teach
these idiots nothing!)

The best mini-series are almost always orginal works.  "Battlestar
Galactica" was surprisingly good (for all of its annoying stupidities).  The
recent FarScape miniseries really can't be counted because it was really a
condensation of an entire season because the jackasses cancelled it (but it
was great).

Jim Davis