> Dana wrote:
> Your theory though, does not
> explain why he kept calling her, up to a dozen times a day some days.

Well, I dunno.  My guess would be he is someone who just  liked making
up stories and stringing people along.  Since he was under
investigation and pressure he probably wanted someone to talk to so he
kept pulling Ms. Fry along.

Did you hear the stuff he made up about being in Paris for New Years?
He didn't have to say that to keep Ms. Fry interested but it seemed
like he just liked to lie.

There's definitely a psych dissertation in there.

I agree that it sure looks like he did it, but the question is, is it
beyond a reasonable doubt?  For me, there's still reasonable doubt.

My guess about the jury is that this came down to a character issue
and the jury felt his character (lying nature) was troubled enough
that he would be capable of murder.