I've been looking into CSS Layouts. I visited all the popular sites
and the links you provided. CSS Garden is very interesting and it
plainly shows the power of CSS Layouts.

I was however discouraged with all the comments on the hacks required
to make these work on most browsers/platform. It seems to me that we
are trading  Table hacks for  Div hacks.

I am a little concerned about building my site with these techniques
fearing that I may use a  technique which will look horrible on IE Mac
for example.  I think with tables I would feel safer.

Are there ways to test a layout with different platforms/browsers?

- Frank