Here's a video of some of the new 3D engine features in Longhorn. They
show a fancy product showcase interface, data visualization, and some
code.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=34528

I don't know how I feel about this kind of stuff. What I actually
think about when looking at it is all the fanciful three-dee vee arr
computer interfaces shown in movies about 10 years ago. Scenese where
opening a mail message would involve clicking on a giant mailbox which
opens and an envelope flies out and fills the screen, opens the flap,
the letter slides out and unfolds presenting the message.

-Kevin